Emmis Communications is the ninth-largest radio broadcaster in the United States based on number of listeners. The Emmis culture carries at its heart the belief that, in order to succeed, a company must take risks; treat its people well and give them the tools they need to win. Emmis has earned this valued reputation by setting high standards for excellence while creating a fun, exciting and innovative workplace, where every individual is part of the team. Emmis’ Radio Division owns stations in markets across the United States, including B105.7, ESPN 1070/107.5, HANKFM 97.1 and WIBC 93.1 in Indianapolis.
The WIBC Promotion Director manages and directs WIBC on-air, online and onsite promotions, works with the GSM and sales department to grow non-spot revenue, and maintains positive public relations between the Indianapolis community and WIBC. The promotion director works with the program director and general sales manager to create and build the overall station image, attract new listeners, build loyalty of current audience and create and execute revenue generating opportunities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Uses all research and tools available to gain a deep understanding of the station brand and listeners
* Works with the program director to conceive, plan, and execute all station promotional campaigns and events
* Oversees & maintains WIBC promotional calendar
* Builds and maintains positive relationships with vital station partners, including but not limited to local & national sports partners, venues, & vendors
* Oversees all elements in the planning & execution of WIBC contests including: originating or adapting ideas, determining prizes, creating contest rules, maintaining accurate records of contestants and winners, prize distribution and ensuring contests are conducted in accordance with FCC regulations and the law
* Communicates regularly with on-air programming staff regarding station promotions, events, and contests. Schedules on-air staff for station appearances.
* Creates & manages WIBC Promotions Budget, including but not limited to the purchase of station supplies, premiums, giveaways, etc.
* Actively pursues new partnership opportunities to promote the brand and generate revenue
* Represents stations at community events, promotions, etc.
* Works with the GSM and PD to build effective and profitable events, sponsorships and client promotions within the station framework
* Lead Event Producer of all large station events. (Ex: Georgia Street Tailgates, Tom Dakich Memorial Golf Outing) Including but not limited to: event budget management, timeline creation, sponsorship execution, etc.
* Responsible for managing the WIBC Non-Spot budget, working to exceed revenue goals as well as meet and deliver at or under the expense budget.
* Responsible for the execution of all WIBC client programs, promotions, and sponsorships.
* Creates and manages projects in the project management tool, Basecamp.
* Meets regularly with Account Managers to develop client solutions
* Collaborates with the PD and digital department to insure WIBC online presence is cohesive with overall station brand
* Works with the digital department to maintain the WIBC website and online activities
* Works with the digital department to maintain WIBC social media presence including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other platforms that may arise
* Participates with digital department in the creation of original content for all WIBC digital platforms
* Collaborates with the GSM, PD and DSM to develop revenue generating ideas for the website in association with all station promotions, events and opportunities.
* Effectively presents information and responds to questions from groups of managers, account managers, clients, listeners, community partners and the general public
* Participates regularly in brainstorm sessions to develop client solutions, that may or may not be specifically associated with WIBC
* Builds and maintains a cohesive working partnership with other Promotions Directors, Incite Department and the Digital Department
* May be asked to lead projects that include multiple stations or the entire cluster
* Will assist on projects & events led by other Promotions Directors that include multiple stations or the entire cluster
* Other job related duties assigned as needed
Considered, candidates should meet the following requirements:
* Excellent communication skills
* Detail oriented
* Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
* Valid driver’s license and state mandated auto insurance required
* Understanding of sales & marketing principles
* Knowledge and passion for radio, digital media, events and promotions
* Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills required
* Proficient in MS Word
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business reports
* Ability to write reports and business correspondence
* Ability to focus, work under pressure, and deliver quality results under tight timelines.
* Ability to multitask and prioritize workload.
* Effective interpersonal, listening, writing, and presentation skills.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
* Three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required
Additional Skills / Preferences:
* Highly motivated individual, competent and accountable for individual work
* Desire to work within a goal-oriented team environment
To Apply: Please submit your resume and profile online at www.emmis.com.
No phone calls please.
Emmis Communications (NASDAQ: EMMS) is a diversified media corporation with award-winning radio broadcasting and magazine publishing operations in markets across the country. Emmis is as well-known for its creative culture as for its operations. Our people are aggressive, knowledgeable and deeply committed to each of the communities in which we operate. Because employees are the key to our success, Emmis offers strong benefits and incentives, including health, dental and life insurance and a 401(k) contribution plan. For more information about Emmis, see our website at www.emmis.com.
EMMIS COMMUNICATIONS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER