- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, communications, or related field of equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- At least two years of experience producing broadcast news.
- Fluency in English with strong spelling and grammar.
- An understanding of and willingness to grow Human Resources best practices.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with both coworkers and the public.
- Proficiency with computers, tablets and mobile digital devices.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Flexibility to work any shift, with some late notice of shift and schedule changes.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The Executive News Producer must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
You must apply online to be considered for this position. Please go to: www.nexstar.tv to access all career opportunities for WOWK-TV and Nexstar Media Group, Inc. EOE.