Apply for an internship at the 2019 conference
May 20 – June 2, 2019
New Harmony, Indiana
College interns play a vital role in supporting writers and creative teams at the annual spring conference. Throughout our history, numerous interns have gone on to successful careers thanks to relationships made at The New Harmony Project.
If you are interested, please review the following information and apply using the form below.
Applications are due by 5:00pm ET on Friday, March 15.
The New Harmony Project offers internships in several areas of focus, including:
- Acting: Student actors play an active role in developing the script alongside the writer and creative team. This is a demanding role that requires professionalism and focus, and allows the student to work as a peer alongside professionals from across the country.
- Stage Management: Student stage managers are responsible for overseeing rehearsals and abiding by all AEA rules and regulations. The individuals must be proactive, organized, and posses excellent communication skills.
- Dramaturgy: Student literary assistants serve as the right hand to professional dramaturgs on each of the full development scripts, in addition to supporting at least one writer in residence. Tasks may include research and development assistance, in addition to the coordination of script revisions, printing, and copying.
- Office Staff: The office staff serves as the operational engine for the conference, assisting staff with administrative and company management tasks, ensuring that the company is fully supported, and providing assistance wherever it is needed. Office staff members require superb organizational and interpersonal skills, and a self-starter mentality.
- Photography/Social Media: The social media intern is responsible for generating content and managing social media pages throughout the conference. Ideal candidates will have a passion for photography and videography, a creative eye, and a strong knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Nanny/Babysitter: The nanny/babysitter will provide childcare support for writers and staff during the conference. Ideal candidates will have a desire to spend time with young children, come up with games and activities throughout the day, and make it a good experience for children and parents alike. (Special note: both our Artistic Director and Executive Director served as a nanny/babysitter at some point early in their involvement with NHP 🙂
The New Harmony Project provides:
- A $100 travel stipend to offset costs associated with getting to/from New Harmony
- Three meals a day throughout the conference
- Shared dormitory style housing at the McLeod Barn Abbey (Each intern will have a roommate and shared bathrooms)
- A unique experience actively participating in the development of new work for the stage and screen
- The opportunity to network and make connections with nationally recognized artists
To be considered for an internship position, simply complete the form below. We will review the applications and contact you for a phone interview by early April. Make sure to notate any existing or potential conflicts as requested below.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email David Hudson (firstname.lastname@example.org).