This is a paid internship. Interns will work directly under the site editor and work remotely, meaning no commuting to and from an office. Creative freedom is very much involved and encouraged. Interns are expected to be available starting in January through the first weekend of June for the state track meet. Opportunities after that are available for those interested and show a strong work ethic.
- Experience in writing, video work, and/or photography
- Ability to transport self to and from meets assigned to cover
- Contribute at least 1 article per week. Unless otherwise discussed
- Assist in keeping the stats database up to date with importing meet results
- Assist in importing archived meet results
- Provide coverage at a minimum of 2 meets per month
- Assist in growing the MileSplit brand across the state of Indiana
- Contribute to creating unique content
- Identify potential feature stories
- Assist the site editor as needed
- Become an expert in your area of the state for all things Track & Field and Cross Country
Students should be currently enrolled in a communications, sports media, journalism, or other related field. Applicants if applying to be a photographer should submit samples of their previous work. Students should be committed to working from Mid-January to Early June. A working knowledge of adobe programs or other editing software is recommended.
Please Fill Out the Following Form to be Considered